16 May 2014

16 May 2014 - Believe me, I am a teacher.

Bismillah. 

It's almost 2 months that I didn't update anything on my blog. Sometimes, I feel like writing something but then, the idea didn't come out. I love writing but when my fingers danced on the keyboard, my mind got stuck, stuffed and jammed. lol. It doesn't sound right sometimes but believe me it happens. 

It's my 4th year as a teacher trainee. In other words, it's my 4th year celebrating teacher's day as a soon to be teacher. Another one year to go before our graduation day. Time flies. I thanked Allah for who I am today. People might say that this profession is the easiest job that you can do. In real situation, it is not as easy as it seems. There are a lot of things that you need to consider. Patience, ideas, passion, pupils, your other commitments. A lot. But passion is the most important key as a teacher. If you don't have it in your deep heart core, you won't be able to go. I've been through my first practicum last month. The very first experience to teach in a primary school. It's memorable and I won't be able to get the experience if I am not here. I burst into tears once. I scolded my pupils once. I really did. I do think that it's part and parcel of a teacher's life. Apart from that, it's all precious moment that I should treasure for the rest of my life.

credit : click here

Being a student once made me realize that good teachers are those you will remember the most. There are bad teachers and I admit that. I have my own experience. Bad experience. Bias teacher who never bother to look at you because you are no good in Add Maths. A drunk teacher who slapped you when he saw you grabbed a pencil. I do have all that. It's a lesson to me to not repeating the same mistake. Those teachers who inspired me a lot leave good memories in my mind, my heart and my soul. They have contributed a lot to my success. They did scold me but it was where I learnt to be a better person. I thanked these teachers. 

And today, I have received a lot of wishes from my relatives, friends, former teachers and lecturers. It's not the wishes or gifts that a teacher wants but it's the satisfaction when your pupils manage to follow your lesson, understand the topic and know what to do. It means a lot. I know how it feels. My journey as a teacher is a life time journey. I still want to go further in my future career. Well, I have planned for it and yes! I will do something 'cause it's one of my long term visions that I really want to achieve. It was planned years and years ago when I was still with my school uniform. I do hope that my dream will come true. Someday. Somewhere on the Earth. Amin ya Rabbal Alamin.

People said, "Why are we so excited about Mother's Day? Father's Day? Teacher's day?" Well, it's not a big problem when you try to make one particular day as your special day. I don't see it as a big deal. 

Let's make 16 May every year as a special day in every teacher's heart. Happy teacher's day to me and to you.

Sadaqallahulazim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...